frogs and snails and puppy dog tails!

Friday, August 15, 2008

We Made It!!!!!!

Okay, so 28 hrs later we land in Guangzhou! Yeah. The flights were good just really long. We didn't get much sleep on them. We got to sleep at about 2am here and got up at 6am to have breakfast. We hit the streets first thing. It is a crowded but beautiful city. Hope to be able to up-load photos at some point. At breakfast this morning it really hit me that in less than 48 hrs will will have our son. I just started crying. Joe is ready to explore everything here but the humidity is 2x as bad as ours (if you can believe that). Well everyone is sound asleep I am sure as I am typing. It is about 1am there. The hotel is amazing. The bathroom is phenomenal. Hard to believe that you can't even brush your teeth with the water. Not opening your mouth in the shower takes some getting used to. We are going to go for now we only have 15min on the computer. Will try to update every couple of days.

L~ Joe and Denise

3 comments:

  1. Unbelievable Denise!! You choked me up online too! I am so happy for you! REST UP!! I can't wait to see pictures. We love you!

    At 7:05a.m. when your plane was scheduled to take off Dale asked me if you were on your plane. We were on our way to school and I looked at the clock and just thought it was too cool that my lil guy thought about you at the very time you were to take off. He wanted to get on a plane and meet y'all!

    Got your Thank You Note--YOU ARE VERY WELCOME! You deserve the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! So excited to be following your journey to your son (and to get there myself soon)!!

    Heather and family

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came back to see if you updated anymore, by now you are MOMMY AND DADDY TO JOEL and have had the chance to do some snugglin'! AHHH, That sounds so nice!

    ReplyDelete